Saturday, September 30, 2006

I'm looking for a sewing class!


I'm interested in sewing, especially embroidering for one of wedding stuff right now. This is funny because I didn't like the sewing when I was a junior high school and a high school student. I had a quite bad grades in domestic science such as sewing and cooking! So I've thought that I was very awkward when it came to making things. I was super clumsy with my hands!!!

I think I changed my point of view after I made a pair of mukluk three years ago.
I found a nice sewing kit of mukluk at the store in Tsiigehtchic and started to sew. Ladies were surprised at my sewing because they didin't expect the Japanese girl sew muluk and felt warm affection for me. They taught me a lot how to sew and that was really nice experience for me. I even joined their sewing class with my mukluk. We had some hot tea, sometimes eat some sweets, and chatted a lot in the evening! I had really fun sewing at that time!!

I hope I can find a sewing class in Lucknow. It might be really fun!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She was so good people wondered if she was a local from some other community..

Anonymous said...

I can finally make a comment on your blog. Good job on your photo and writing. I am looking forward to updating info even long after you get married!

Tomo

Mariko said...

Hello Tomo and anonymous commenter,

Thanks for your comment!! I'm glad that I could get some response on my blog. I'm dancing for joy, can you see? :-)

Yes, please drop me a line again if you have a time!
And please write your name at "Choose an identity space" next time, if you don't mind!