Sunday, September 17, 2006

Fish! fish! fish!


Today, I went to the Japanese cooking class. Today's menu was ...split and broiled sardines with a special sauce, pork miso soup, and barbecued eggplant with a special soi source. Yes, I splited raw fish with a kitchen knife by myself like a fish shop staff!

I realized how often us Japnese people dress fish, cook fish, eat fish! Japanese people do it very naturally. Mothers taught how to cook fish to their dauthers, and that was Japanese traditional in earlier times. (But mordern Japanese young people generally don't know how to cook it, including me though...) Eating fish is surely part of Japanese culture. And I'm proud of it as Japanese. I think that's why I got use to the native people's fishing life in Tsiigehtchic quickly.

Since I decided to move to Canada, I've felt that I need to know how to make Japanese food. I've started to make a list of some Japanese spices and foodstuff which I should take. And I added some dry small fish and shrimp on the list today!

No comments: